——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————Marketing and communications professional, certified in innovations management, with international experience successfully launching new brands, managing government public relations, and the robust delivery of innovation projects. Critical thinker and astute observer, with a compelling grasp of oral and print communications; known for successfully managing the go-to-market strategy for Grenada’s annual technology trade show; and for publishing three 64-paged magazines on culture.
Level three – Innovation Manager Certificate, December 2013
GLOBAL INNOVATION MANAGEMENT INSTITUTE, Boston, MA
- Focus on Innovation Strategy, Innovation Capacity and Innovation Discipline.
Master of Business Administration (MBA), August 2013
HULT INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS SCHOOL, Boston, MA
- Worked on a 6-week innovation and growth project for Xerox.
- Rotation to San Francisco, CA campus.
- Courses: Digital Marketing and Social Media, Solutions Marketing, Global Strategy, Strategic Brand Management, Management Communications.
- Member of Hult Global Healthcare Club, Hult Marketing Club, and Hult Women in Business Club.
Bachelor of Arts Journalism, Minor Business Liberal Arts, May 2007
PENNSYLVANIA STATE UNIVERSITY, University Park, PA
SOLUTIONS INSIGHTS, Boston, MA
B2B consulting and training firm helping companies develop, market, and sell business-critical solutions.
Marketing and Communications Intern (2013 – Present)
- Analyze intricate steps of new solutions development methodologies and determine industry best practices.
- Develop a new solutions development process for horizontal and vertical solutions.
- Write solutions marketing case studies for use at Hult International Business School.
NATURA, Cambridge, MA, and São Paulo, Brazil
Leading cosmetic company in Latin America.
US Innovation Hub
Product Innovation Consultant (2012 – 2013)
- Managed the robust development of multiple innovation projects using design thinking.
- Conducted external market analyses, feasibility assessments, and consumer experience tests.
- Managed key relationships between external consultants and the Boston, New York and São Paulo innovation team.
- Actively analyzed promising, new technologies, and market trends for use in the innovation process.
GOVERNMENT OF GRENADA, St. George’s, Grenada
Largest employer in Grenada, largely responsible for driving the country’s socioeconomic development.
Ministry of Information and Communication Technology (ICT), Office of the Prime Minister
Communications Officer (2011 – 2012)
- Created the go-to-market strategy for government’s rebranded vulnerable assistance program – SEED; and the strategic marketing plan for the commissioning of the ICT Centre for Excellence and Innovation.
- Managed the integrated media campaign and PR for the Community Access Points initiative; and the first-ever Mobile App Workshop – a successful joint venture between Government, LIME, Arkitechs and BrightStart Foundation.
- Edited all print content created by public relations officers for the press, and public; including collateral, news releases, and documentary scripts.
- Managed strategic partnerships with international, regional, and local ICT organizations; including the International Telecommunications Union, and the National Telecommunications and Regulatory Commission.
- Created documentaries, and nightly news packages; represented the Ministry in the press and at official events.
TEXPO Organizing Committee
Marketing and Communications Lead (2010 – 2012)
- Created and managed the go-to-market strategy, including the annual budget, and the email and social media campaigns, responsible for driving over 2,500 unique visitors, per day, to Grenada’s annual technology trade show.
- Organized national awareness events; solicited and managed corporate grants; and coordinated all digital and traditional media coverage for the trade show and its affiliate events.
- Organized a series of free, interactive workshops on Cybercrime, Cool Tech Tips, and Parenting the Digital Generation; Created presentations, managed the delivery team and the digital and traditional media coverage for each event.
- Represented TEXPO in the press and at events; hosted a live, weekly, televised talk show about ICT proliferation.
- Controlled all print content posted on TEXPOs website and distributed to the media and to stakeholders.
Ministry of Youth Empowerment, Sports, and Culture
Communications Officer (2009 – 2011)
- Conducted gap analyses and drafted project proposals.
- Provided communications support for the Grenada Youth Upliftment Program and the Talent Identification Program.
- Designed the layout of the National Cultural Policy website and the logo for the Spice Word Festival.
- Facilitated the formation of the Grenada Association of Fashion Designers.
- Designated on‐assignment reporter, 2009 Windward Islands Secondary School Games, St. Vincent and the Grenadines.
- Represented Grenada at the 2009 SARFT seminar on Radio and Television Broadcasting, Beijing, China.
CREATIVE CONSULTANTS, St. George’s, Grenada
A creative media company offering animated video and print advertisements.
Marketing and Communications Director (2012 – 2013)
- Provided creative direction in the production of animated video advertisements.
- Scripted and produced audio for a series of animated advertisements for LIME – the leading telecommunications provider in Grenada.
FREELANCE, St. George’s, Grenada
Contracted on a needs basis to create magazines, print advertisements, and provide media services.
Magazine Publisher (2009 – 2011)
- Published three 64-paged magazines documenting Grenada’s largest cultural festival – Spicemas.
- Conducted every aspect of the production process, including: determining the editorial schedule, designing the page layout and graphical displays, approving photographs, writing and editing articles, sourcing advertisements and printers.
Graphic Designer (2010 – 2012)
- Designed the 2010 festival calendar for the Grenada Cultural Foundation.
- Provided print advertisement designs for Spice Basket; including, but not limited to, its inaugural Dinner Theatre.
Television and Event Host (2010 – 2012)
- Co-hosted the live, televised broadcast of the 2012 National Queen Pageant.
- Co-hosted the 2010 National Queen Pageant stadium event.
- Conducted a variety of live, morning interviews on politics, entertainment, religion and lifestyle management, as a co-host of Daybreak Grenada – the number one morning show (2012).
- Contributing writer, Caribupdate News (2012 – Present).
- Host, GIS’ weekly carnival show “Carnival Swing” (2012).
- Associate editor, EVERYBODY’S Magazine, NY (2007 – 2008).
- Public Relations Intern, Agency for Reconstruction and Development (2006).
- Reporter, Voices of Central PA (2006 -2007).
- Communications officer, Grenada Food and Nutrition Council (2002 – 2003).
Technologies: Adobe Photoshop, Audition, Premiere Pro, In‐Design; Microsoft Office Suite; Quark Express; WordPress.
Affiliations: American Marketing Association – Boston Chapter, TEXPO Organizing Committee.
Interests: Blogging– atypified.wordpress.com; graphic and fashion design; music; volunteering – Cancer drives.